Nurse Next Door vs. Comfort Keepers Home Care Franchise: Review
Here’s why Nurse Next Door outshines competitors in the home care industry
The home care industry in the United States is currently valued at $84 billion and studies show that an overwhelming majority of people, 90% of adults over the age of 50, prefer to stay in the comfort of their own home. By 2050, it’s projected that 21% of the population will be 65 or older, with most of the growth occurring within the next 20 years.
Combine the fact that the population is aging at a rapid rate and the notion that people want to stay at home and you get an industry that is about to burst. However, with an abundance of home care options to choose from, consumers are not only seeking a service that meets their physical needs but one that satisfies their emotional needs and wants as well.
Since it’s beginning in 2001, Nurse Next Door has transformed from a local company in Vancouver to one of North America’s fastest-growing home care companies. From its decision to begin franchising in 2006 and its expansion into the United States in 2012, Nurse Next Door has been making headlines for its disruption on aging and its recent one-of-a-kind partnership with a major health system in California.
This is what sets Nurse Next Door apart from its competitors in the home care field. Below is a comprehensive comparison chart that shows how competitively Nurse Next Door stacks up next to home care franchise company, Comfort Keepers.
|Nurse Next Door||Comfort Keepers|
|Liquid Cash Requirement||$125,000||$75,000|
|Total Investment||$106,000 – $158,700||$83,060 – $114,390|
|Ongoing Royalty Fee||5%||5%|
|Ad Royalty Fee||1%||2%|
|Training at Headquarters||5 days||5 days|
|Medical and Non-Medical||Yes||Yes|
Sources: Nurse Next Door, Entrepreneur.com and Comfort Keepers franchise sites
Five Reasons Why Entrepreneurs Should Consider a Nurse Next Door Home Care Franchise
- 24/7 Centralized Scheduling. At Nurse Next Door, we’re strong believers in providing you support wherever we can so you can focus on growing your business. That’s why we’ve created our 24/7 Care Services Center, a centralized scheduling center, where Care Services Specialists handle all scheduling matters and calls from clients and caregivers. Whether it’s an urgent added visit or last minute cancellation, you don’t have to stop what you’re doing during the day or wake up in the middle of the night to handle it. As a franchise’s business grows, so does their support with the number of Care Services Specialists dedicated to them.
- The Brand. Admire People, WOW Customer Experience, Find a Better Way and Passionate About Making a Difference aren’t just words that hang on our wall, they’re core values that employees embody inside and outside of work. From our pink cars to our disruptive radio ads, we’re all about looking at aging in a different perspective and showing seniors how they see themselves – lively! This approach reflects Nurse Next Door’s unique, fun company culture and helps engage target markets.
- Happier Aging. Our Happier Aging promise, a truly unique experience dedicated to getting clients back to doing what they love is always at the forefront of our care. We go beyond tasks when it comes to care as we identify those key things that make a client happy as it’s about caring, not just health care. In addition to our wide range of services from housekeeping to personal care, our caregivers will work to build relationships with clients and help them identify those key things that bring them happiness.
- Franchise Models. When it comes to franchising, we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach and that’s why we offer three unique business models geared towards entrepreneurs and organizations who want to build scalable, robust home care businesses. Our Traditional Franchise Concept, Sophisticated Investor Model and Health System all encompass different features and skills that are tailored towards candidates’ experiences and preferences.
- Training and Support. In order for Franchise Partners to be successful, we believe in setting them up for success through training and support. Before launch, Franchise Partners come to our Vancouver, BC office to learn topics ranging from our brand to how to make a sales call. However, we believe that support should exist past Training Week. Our business coaches guide Franchise Partners along the way, whether they’re just starting out or have been operational for over five years.
Learn More About Nurse Next Door
With over 130 locations across North America and growing, Nurse Next Door offers a desirable opportunity to develop a thriving business in a guaranteed market that makes a difference in people’s lives. We’d love to talk to you about our home health care business opportunity. Fill out our form and download our free franchise report at nursenextdoorfranchise.co.uk or take a look at our LinkedIn page for more information about how we make lives better every day.